Weems & Plath Crewwatcher
THE FASTEST WAY TO RESCUE
CrewWatcher is an app-based crew overboard alarm system that is the fastest way to rescue a person who is overboard. The system works like a virtual lifeline and is made up of two components: a smartphone application and a small beacon that can be comfortably worn by each crew. The beacon does not require complex manual activation. The alarm will trigger automatically in a Man Overboard (MOB) event. Should someone go overboard, after sounding the alarm, the app will automatically provide lat/long coordinates of the MOB event, the time of the event, and will visually guide the rescuer using the virtual MOB compass.
UNIQUE CREWWATCHER FEATURES
- FREE App operates on most smart phones or tablets & is easy to use
- No cell service required
- Automatically updates with new features (both App & beacon)
- One smart device watches up to 5 crew members
- Perfect also for children, pets, a towed dinghy or bilge alarm
- Activates with water immersion OR separation from vessel
- Rescue: Shows crew overboard bearing, plus distance & lat/long coordinates at point of loss
- Bearing adjusts as boat moves and “MOB Compass” points to location
- 30x faster response than Personal AIS Beacon at 1/3 the price
|Operating System||Android 5.1 and up.
iOS 9 and up.
We recommended for use with iPhone 5 and later, Samsung Galaxy S6 and later, Sony Z2 and later.
|Bluetooth||A device that supports Bluetooth 4.0 and up.|
|GPS||GPS (Not assisted GPS like in WiFi iPads)|
|Storage||At least 50 mb of free space.|
|Vessel||Works best on non steel boats up to 45 foot.|
- Best Smart Phone Device On Test – Yachting World (October 2017)
- Best Overall Innovation and safety award – Pittman Innovation Awards (2017)
- Category Winner of Lifesaving and safety equipment – Dame Awards (2017)
- Winnder of Equipment Innovation of the Year at The British Yachting Awards (2018)